These are settings and brief explanations for our GTX970 machine. You can find this in your “Nvidia Control Panel”. They may not provide optimal performance for every VR experience but it’s a good place to start. The two key ones, in my view, are the power management and preferred refresh rate settings.
- Ambient Occlusion – fancy shadows
- FXAA – preferred type of anti-aliasing for VR
- MFAA – disabled in favor of FXAA
- Power management mode – full power to the GPU!
- Preferred refresh rate – highest, otherwise, the computer sometimes gets lazy and falls back to 60Hz
- Triple buffering and Vsync – yes, yes
- VR pre-rendered frames – let the app decide, please