We are very proud to share “Picard’s Quarters” with everyone! It was a joy to create and helped us cut our teeth on Unreal Engine 4, which impresses us in many ways and still has tremendous potential. From start to finish, it took about a month to complete the project. We’re eager to hear feedback from the VR community on our work and we’ll also be sharing some tips for developing for VR using UE4 soon. These are some of my favorite experiences in the room:
- Getting an up-close look at all 7 custom-made PADDs featuring senior officers
- Enjoying Picard’s Ressikan flute theme in the lounge area
- Listening to the show’s opening credits by Picard’s desk
- Finding Picard’s iconic tea cup
- Closing your eyes and enjoying the soft hum of a Galaxy-class starship
RowVR will be at the SVVR Holiday party tonight, in spite of the “rain storm of the decade”. VR doesn’t wait for a little rain.